A fifth generation San Diego attorney starting with his great, great grandfather Adam Thompson in 1905, Andrew continues his family’s legacy and joined the business group of Dunn DeSantis Walt & Kendrick in 2016. Andrew’s practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, start-ups, general corporate governance, contract negotiation, as well as other business and real estate transactions. Having started and run his own small businesses prior to becoming an attorney, Andrew is uniquely qualified to guide clients through their start-up legal planning and structuring, growth, maintenance, and long-term exit strategies.
While earning his Juris Doctorate at the University of San Diego School of Law, Andrew completed an externship for the Honorable M. James Lorenz, Senior Judge, at the United States District Court for the Southern District of California. Andrew also served as a volunteer for the Entrepreneurship Legal Clinic, hosted by the University of San Diego School of Law, where he advised underprivileged members of the San Diego community regarding various corporate law issues. In addition, Andrew served a term as the Technology Editor for the San Diego International Law Journal.
Andrew’s strengths are hard work, commitment to achieve his clients’ goals, and unfailing attention to detail. Client communication is a priority for Andrew who views his legal representation as an integral part of his clients’ management strategy.
- University of San Diego School of Law, Juris Doctorate with Business and Corporate Law Concentration, 2016
- Technology Editor, San Diego International Law Journal
- University of California, Merced, Bachelor of Sciences in Management, 2013
- All Courts of the State of California
- The United States District Court for the Southern District of California
Memberships and Activities
- California Bar Association, Business Law Section