Prior to joining Dunn DeSantis Walt & Kendrick, Brett served as a Captain in the United States Marine Corps, where he gained both valuable leadership and litigation experience while leading Marines and serving as a Judge Advocate. Brett continues to serve as a Civil Affairs officer in the United States Marine Corps Reserve.
While earning his law degree at the University of San Diego, Brett served on the Journal of Climate & Energy Law, as well as on USD’s Military Bar Association as the Publicity Chair.
- Obtained full acquittal for Marine at General Courts-Martial facing over 50 years of confinement and up to 25 specifications.
- Obtained no basis determinations for multiple service members at Administrative Separation Boards, resulting in their retention in the United States Marine Corps.
- Represented victims of sexual assault and domestic violence, including children, at courts-martial and guilty plea proceedings, resulting in convictions.
- University of San Diego School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2016
- Fordham University, B.A., International Political Economy, 2012
- All Courts of the State of California
- All Courts of the State of New Mexico
- The State Bar of California
- The State Bar of New Mexico