Mr. Gillie practices commercial litigation, representing businesses and employers large and small. Before entering private practice, Doug served for several years as a federal judicial law clerk, first for United States District Judge Louise W. Flanagan, in the Eastern District of North Carolina, and then for United States District Judge Cathy Ann Bencivengo, in the Southern District of California. These clerkships earned Doug experience in a wide variety of civil actions, including: complex commercial disputes; wage-and-hour and consumer class actions; employment discrimination and wrongful termination cases; patent and other intellectual-property lawsuits; and CERCLA (Superfund) litigation. He benefitted greatly from four years of daily interaction with, and guidance from, these federal judges. Now, in private practice, Doug draws upon his background to represent clients in complex civil litigation and advise them about California and federal law.
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, 2011
- Wake Forest University, magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, 2005
- All Courts of the State of California
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Central Districts of California
- The State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, San Diego Chapter