During law school, Zach was a member of the California Western Law Review and the California Western International Law Journal. He also served as a Street Law Instructor at Hoover High School located in east San Diego. Zach sometimes teaches a class on professional liability and contracts as an adjunct professor at the New School of Architecture and Design located in San Diego, California.
A native Texan and graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, Zach currently serves on the board of San Diego Texas Exes Alumni organization. Additionally, Zach is a board member of the San Diego Defense Lawyers.
- California Western School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2007
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., Plan II Honors and Government, 2003
- All Courts of the State of California
Memberships and Activities
- The State Bar of California
- San Diego Defense Lawyers
- American Inns of Court, Louis M. Welsh Chapter
- Texas Exes
- “What to say when your client asks, ‘Why don’t they have to pay your fees when it’s all their fault?’ Perfecting a claim for attorney’s fees pursuant to California Code of Civil Procedure section 1021.6 in multi-party litigation” The Update, San Diego Defense Lawyers (Autumn 2011)
- “The Completed and Accepted Doctrine is Extended to Immunize Architects from Liability for Injury to Third Persons for the Negligent Performance of Construction Observation Services” The Update, San Diego Defense Lawyers (Winter 2013)
- “Can a California Court Compel an Out of State Party to Appear in California for Deposition?” The Update, San Diego Defense Lawyers (Spring 2013)
- “Will Gentry Survive Concepcion? A Discussion with Two Prominent Practitioners Regarding How the California Supreme Court May Answer This and Related Questions” Bender’s California Labor & Employment Bulletin (May 2013)