Dino is a member of the Michigan and California Bar Associations. He is “AV”-rated by Martindale Hubbell Law Directory, the highest available rating. He is certified as a “Barrister” in the American Inns of Court and is a member of the San Diego Inn of Court. He has served as a Judge Pro Tempore and Arbitrator for the San Diego County Superior Court and as Special Trial Counsel for the County of San Diego, Office of County Counsel.
Dino has been involved in handling numerous prominent litigation and trial matters in Michigan and California since 1985. Some of his noteworthy trials include the following cases, many of which are published:
- Elfman v. Staff Pro, et al, San Diego Superior Court Case No.: 37-2007-00077295-CU-PO-CTL. Dino represented an commercial airline pilot who was almost killed in a crowd surge at a Tool concert during the Street Scene Music Festival at Qualcomm Stadium. The pilot was in a coma for several days and suffered a mild brain injury. He was grounded for three years and had to be re-certified to fly commercial aircraft. Dino was able to recover $1,500,000.00 for his client. Dino retained thirteen highly experienced experts in the case, including an aeromedical physician.
- Doulgeropoulos v. Leopard/Schneider Electric, San Diego Superior Court Case No.: 37-2015-00015136-CU-PA-CTL. Dino represented clients seriously injured in a high speed automobile crash in North San Diego County, including one client with a complex brain injury. The San Diego Superior Court case settled for the other driver’s insurance policy limits, Dino then successfully made an underinsured motorist claim against the clients’ own automobile insurer recovering total of $1,952,000.00 in the case. He assembled and managed a team of top medical experts to assist in the case.
- Jane Doe v. County of San Diego  Dino served as special trial counsel for the County of San Diego in this welfare and institutions case and obtained a unanimous defense jury verdict in the San Diego Superior Court for the County of San Diego.
- Rasana v. San Diego Transit, D042318, Cal. Ct of Appeal, Fourth Appellate District, Division One. ; admitted liability in a personal injury case in which plaintiff claimed in excess of $1,000,000.00 in damages and a defense verdict was obtained. Dino also successfully defended the case on appeal.
- Ryan v. California Interscholastic Federation, et. al., 94 Cal. App. 4th 1033 ; Ryan v. California Interscholastic Federation, et. al., 94 Cal. App. 4th 1048 . Dino represented the defendant in these cases and set a nationwide precedent establishing that a student’s participation in interscholastic athletics is a privilege not a right subject to constitutional protections. Dino also successfully defended these cases on appeal, including a denial of plaintiff’s writ of certiorari to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Profirio Rodriguez v. Larsen Constructors, et. al., D020134, Cal. Ct. of Appeal, Fourth Appellate District, Division One. ; Cal. Supreme Ct., S056718  Dino successfully defended this serious personal injury case through trial as well as on plaintiff’s appeals to the State Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
- Donnelly v. State of California, et. al., D028525, Cal. Ct. of Appeal, Fourth Appellate District, Division One. . Dino successfully obtained summary judgment in this matter for the State of California, including the successful defense of plaintiff’s appeal.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D., 1985
- University of Manitoba, B.A., Political Science, 1980
- Supreme Court of the United States, 1993
- United States Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 1992
- State Bar of California, 1987 – present
- Supreme Court of California, 1987
- United States District Court, Southern District of California 1987
- State Bar of Michigan, 1986
- Supreme Court of Michigan, 1986
- United States District Courts for the Eastern & Western Districts of Michigan, 1986
Professional Recognition and Awards
- “Special Coaches Award” for legal work on behalf of the California Interscholastic Federation-San Diego Section, San Diego High School Coaches Association
- “Outstanding Contributor Award” for Community Service to Barrio Logan Station Community Center, Barrio Logan Station Community Center
Memberships and Activities
- San Diego County Bar Association, 1987 – present
- San Diego Defense Lawyers Association, 1987 – present
- San Diego Insurance Adjusters Association, 1987 – present
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, 1987 – present
- Director & Secretary, San Diego Defense Lawyers Association, 2003-2005
- President, Order of AHEPA San Diego Chapter #223, 1999-2002
- Governor, Board of Governors, State Bar of California, 1995-1996
- President, First Vice President and Director, California Young Lawyers Division, State Bar of California, 1990-1995
Since 2000 Dino has served on the Board of Directors of Gulf & Pacific Equities, a publicly-traded Canadian Real Estate Investment Trust. His director duties include participation with other directors and management in the acquisition and ongoing management of Gulf & Pacific’s real estate assets, which currently include four major shopping centers in Western Canada.
Presentations and Publications
Dino has written legal articles on a number of subjects for the Los Angeles and San Francisco Daily Journals and has been a lecturer/instructor for the State Bar of California, for insurance carriers and public employees, the State Bar of California, Roger Traynor Moot Court Competition; the Trial Advocacy Program of the University of San Diego School of Law and the San Diego Superior Court, Inns of Court Program.