AREAS OF PRACTICE
Risk Management Strategies
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2003
Yale University, B.A. with distinction, 1995
- Successfully represented a retail business client with respect to charges filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”). Ultimately the EEOC decided to close its file, finding no merit as to the charges.
- Represents companies with respect to 132a/wrongful termination petitions filed before the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board (“WCAB”).
- Defended a public entity and its police department in an action brought by four police officers alleging pervasive gender discrimination, sexual harassment, failure to prevent harassment and retaliation. Prepared, filed, and prevailed on a summary judgment motion that resulted in summary adjudication of all claims in favor of public entity.
- Revised numerous employee manuals and policies for various clients to ensure compliance with applicable labor and employment law.
- Represented a 1000+ employee non-profit organization in class action claims involving alleged wage and hour violations and successfully negotiated the withdrawal of the claims before a lawsuit was filed with no monetary payment.
- Defended a national medical billing company in a class action and Private Attorney General Act (PAGA) matter alleging multiple California wage and hour violations and violation of Labor Code section 2802 regarding voluntary work from home expense reimbursement. Resolved the matter before class certification.
- Negotiated complicated separation agreements and consulting agreements on behalf of both employees and employers, as well as other employment-related agreements.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2003
- Yale University, B.A. with distinction, 1995
- All courts of the State of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District
Memberships and Activities
- Enright Inn of Court